This course will provide carers with an understanding of what is required of them if they are expected to attend court with young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To demonstrate an understanding of ‘significant harm’ and the ‘threshold criteria’
- To identify the range of Orders available in child protection and their application within the court
- To demonstrate an understanding of the law relating to adoption and permanency planning, particularly the Adoption and Children Act 2002
- To explain the significance of case law and its importance for the legal process
- To describe how to prepare for a hearing
- To recognise how to conduct yourself around the courtroom
- To demonstrate skills in giving evidence in a confident manner, using clear and simple language
- To learn how to avoid pitfalls and withstand cross-examination
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Should you have 5 or more learners requiring this training please consider the face to face option we offer.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.